SCHOOL AGE CHILD CARE
The Oswego YMCA is excited to offer safe, fun, and creative before and after school programming at our local elementary schools.
The YMCA is a non-profit organization that is over 160 years old. We have dedicated our practices to building strong child care programs and are the #1 child care provider in the nation. This program provides convenience for working parents by offering care Monday - Friday from 6:45 am until 8:45 am and 3:30 pm until 6:00 pm. Our program assists in the continual socialization of your child. It encourages children to participate in activities which will benefit them mentally, physically, and emotionally. The children are given the opportunity to interact with one another and with adults. The program will foster children’s personal growth and cultivate self confidence. It provides a warm and friendly experience for children.
View the Handbook and Registration Packet for more information.
AM 6:45 am - 8:45 am
Structured group activities and quiet games. *NO drop off before 6:45.
PM 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm Structured group activities, games, study time and a small snack.
- Kingsford Elementary- for children that attend Kingsford and Leighton
- Riley Elementary- for children that attend Riley and Fitzhugh
- Minetto Elementary- for children that attend Minetto
- Mexico Elementary- for children that attend Mexico/Palermo/New Haven
Attendance will be taken within the first ten minutes of school dismissal. In the morning program attendance will be take every thirty minutes until dismissal. In the afternoon program children in the program must attend school direct-
ly before attending the program. Staff members must take students directly from school/bus in the afternoon as there can be no interruptions in transport as for the liability issue.
Parents are responsible for notifying child care staff of their children’s schedule changes and absences, including
calling in for sick days. The SACC Program reserves the right to terminate care for parents who continually neglect to call in absences to the childcare site.
The Oswego County Department of Social Services may be able to provide financial assistance for child
care. Please contact caseworker if applicable, or Oswego County DSS Child Care Division, at (315) 963-5456.
Parents/guardians will be asked to fill out the registration packet linked above and return the packet to the Oswego YMCA along with payment. Registration will take place at the Oswego YMCA. The application can be picked up at the front desk. Registration is ongoing throughout the year. Please keep the handbook to refer to throughout the school year.
RATES AND FEES PER MONTH
|Vacation (School's Out)||$32||Scheduled vacation days|
Each time your child attends
|Registration fee/per child||$20||Waived for Oswego YMCA Members|
|Delays||No extra fee|
- All payments must be made to the Oswego YMCA on or before the 1st of each month. Late fees will be applied on the 5th of the month. Payments can be made in person or by mail in the form of cash, check or credit card. You may also call the YMCA to make a payment over the phone with a credit card. For your convenience, we can charge your debit/credit card or bank account each month for monthly fees. Please see the front desk for this form.
- There is a 20% discount for EACH additional child in family registered for the SACC program
- Vacation and Half Days are not covered in monthly fees • While there will be months when the schools observe a long vacation, such as Christmas or Spring Break, the monthly fee will not be pro-rated.
- All vacation days must be registered for before the schedule days and once you register for the day you are obligated to pay for it. This is to be able to staff accordingly and meet state requirements. These fees are NOT refunded.
- All Oswego YMCA prior account balances must be paid in full in order to register your child for SACC.
- For families receiving outside assistance and have a parent fee, the fees must be paid at the beginning of each week.
SCHEDULED CHARGES FOR LATE FEES:
- If your child/children are picked up after 6pm the fees are $1.00 per minute per child. Charges must be paid within one week of the date your child was picked up late. Your child/children WILL NOT be allowed to return to the SACC program until this fee is paid. Anyone receiving assistance from outside agencies, please note that late fees are not covered by any agencies. These fees are your responsibility.
- $10 late fee/billing fee will be applied for payments received after the 5th of the month.