School Age Child Care
The Oswego YMCA is excited to offer safe, fun, and creative before and after school programming at our local elementary schools. This program provides convenience for working parents by offering care Monday - Friday before and after school hours. Our program assists in the continual socialization of your child. It encourages children to participate in activities which will benefit them mentally, physically, and emotionally. The children are given the opportunity to interact with one another and with adults. The program will foster children’s personal growth and cultivate self confidence. It provides a warm and friendly experience for children.
View the Handbook and Registration Packet for more information.
AM 6:45 am - first bell
Structured group activities, quiet games *NO drop off before 6:45am*
PM dismissal bell - 6:00 pm
Structured group activities, games, study time and a healthy snack.
- Leighton Elementary- for Kingsford/Leighton/Minetto attendees
- Fitzhugh Elementary- for Riley/Fitzhugh attendees
- Mexico Elementary- for Mexico/Palermo/New Haven attendees
Attendance will be taken within the first ten minutes of school dismissal. In the morning program attendance will be taken every thirty minutes until dismissal. In the afternoon program children in the program must attend school directly before attending the program. Staff members must take students directly from school/bus in the afternoon as there can be no interruptions in transport as for the liability issue. Parents are responsible for notifying child care staff of their children’s schedule changes.
*IMPORTANT: We are NOT licensed for childcare before 6:45am and after 6:00pm. Do not drop students off before 6:45am or pick up after 6:00pm*
The Oswego County Department of Social Services may be able to provide financial assistance for child care. Please contact caseworker if applicable, or Oswego County DSS Child Care Division, at (315) 963-5456.
Parents/guardians will be asked to fill out the registration packet linked above and return the packet to the Oswego YMCA along with payment. Registration will take place at the Oswego YMCA. The application can be picked up at the front desk. Registration is ongoing throughout the year. Please keep the handbook to refer to throughout the school year.
RATES AND FEES
Registration fee: $30/per child. Waived if you're an Oswego YMCA Family Member
|BOTH AM & PM||$315|
|SCHOOL OPENING DELAYS||FREE|
- The Oswego YMCA is offering a single monthly discount of 15% on all family membership types when a child is enrolled in the SACC program. *restrictions may apply
- Multiple Children in SACC program: 20% off after the first child
- All payments must be made to the Oswego YMCA on or before the 1st of each month. A late fee of $10 will be applied on the 5th of the month. Payments can be made in person or by mail in the form of cash, check or credit card. You may also call the YMCA to make a payment over the phone with a credit card. For your convenience, we can charge your debit/credit card or bank account each month for monthly fees. Please see the front desk for this reoccurring payment authorization form.
- Schools Out! Vacation Days and Half Days and Delays are not covered in monthly fees.
- While there will be months when the schools observe a long vacation, such as Christmas or Spring Break, the regular monthly fee will not be pro-rated.
- All vacation days must be registered for one week prior to scheduled days. Once you register for the day(s), you are obligated to pay for it. This is to be able to plan and staff accordingly to meet state requirements. These Fees are NOT refundable.
- All YMCA prior account balances must be paid in full in order to register your child for SACC.
- For families receiving outside assistance and have a parent fee, the fees must be paid at the beginning of each week.
SCHEDULED CHARGES FOR LATE FEES:
- If a child is left at the program beyond their scheduled time, a late charge will be applied. This MUST be paid before your child can return to the SACC program. Again we are not licensed to provide care after 6:00 pm. More then 3 late pickups may cause termination from the SACC program. LATE PICK UP FEES ARE AS FOLLOWS: $5.00 within the first 5 minutes, per child. $2.00 per minute, per child for each additional minute.
- $10 late fee/billing fee will be applied for payments received after the 5th of the month.